Sunday, July 29, 2007

I FINISHED MY DINOSAUR!!!!!










Look! It's Bronty! I knitted him.






I have worked on him for the past week and I finally finished him today! You can see where I sewed him up but it's my first one so I am not that worried about it. Also, unless you squeeze his legs together before standing him up, he lays on his belly but he still is a cutie pie.


I used Debbie Bliss cotton. Ann suggested it even though she had never worked with it. I must say that I did indeed fall in love with it. I love the way it felt between my fingers and it worked well with this project, although it did twist sometimes while I was working. It got annoying trying to fix.


My next project is a hat....again. I am making yet another hat but this time it is navy blue. I have started it about three times already then ripped it out because I didn't like the way it was. Finally, I got it to work out and so now I am just needing to finish it. It gets old and sometimes knitting the hat can be boring, plus the yarn hurts my hand. It's soft, but its hard to work with the tension.



I am also going to start working on my other dinosaur, a Stegosaurus named Mr. Stegs. I am making it for Bryce for his birthday. I have to make it orange and maroon though. Not too siked about that but its for someone else and it will never have to be in my house again. (Go Hoos!)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

now i understand...thats really good...wicked awesome

Anonymous said...

I LOVE BRONTY!!!! You did a FANTASTIC job and I am sooo proud of you!!! So, when are you going to start making socks? I've got some great patterns... :)

Anonymous said...

Wow...you totally continue to amaze me...So, when do i get a knitted animal???? You totally have to suprise me with one! Yay! Suprises! oooo, and i want a hat too! ♥
*~V~*